Were you injured, and was someone else at fault? If so, a Modesto personal injury attorney can walk you through the steps that will likely happen during the processing of your claim.
First, the insurance company of the person or people at fault will be notified of your claim. Once this happens, a file will be established about you and your case. Then, the insurance company will assign a claims adjuster to your case. It is very common for the insurance company to assign different adjusters to your case throughout the process.
Your Modesto personal injury lawyer will maintain contact with the insurance adjuster assigned to your case. This adjuster will do their own investigation regarding your claim. A Modesto personal injury lawyer knows that the adjuster will be seeking answers to many of the following questions:
- Where did the accident happen?
- Who is at fault in the case?
- Are there potential witnesses?
- What is in the police reports?
- What is in the Department of Motor Vehicle reports?
- Are there any other reports filed in this case, and if so, what is in those reports?
- Are you at all responsible for any of your injuries?
Your responsibility in your injuries is known as comparative negligence or contributory negligence.
Once the initial investigation is complete, the claims adjuster will then investigate your injuries. To do so, the adjuster will do the following:
- Request medical reports;
- Request any other reports dealing with your injuries;
- Review documents about any time you have lost from work;
- Review your medical bills;
- Review your hospital bills;
- Review your therapy bills; and
- Review any other expenses resulting from your injuries.
A Modesto personal injury attorney strongly advises that you maintain accurate records of all bills, lost wages, and any other expenses. After everything is considered, then the claims adjuster will be closer to making an accurate assessment of your claim.
For more information on how your claim is processed, contact your Modesto personal injury attorney with the Law Offices of Rancaño & Rancaño at (209) 850-7379.